- New York Albany Tamil Sangam Is a community organization founded in 2014 by Tamils living in Albany, the capital district of New York State. Once a small community when It began has grown and today the association has about 200 families as its members and growing.
- The primary objective of the organization is to provide a unified forum for Tamils in the capital district and promote Tamil culture: ‘Tamil culture is unique in many respects and NYATS will strive to uphold and promote the rich Tamil culture by every possible way. NYATS conducts four major events and a summer picnic every year. The major events include:. Thoranam (Event to celebrate Tamilar Thirunaal, Pongal festival)
· Vasantham (Event to celebrate Tamil New Year)
· Sigaram (Event to celebrate Women’s day)
· Sangamam (Event to celebrate three major religious festivals Bakrid, Diwali and Christmas)
· Summer Picnic
- Other objectives include charity and educations. NYATS organizes fund raising events time to time to support charity activities both in Tamil Nadu and in Capital district.
- NYATS also volunteers in local charity events such as Hindu Temple society brunch activities from time to time.
- NYATS also promotes Tamil education through its affiliated Tamil school, Albany Tamil Paadasaalai which has more than 100 students and still growing by every year.