- New York Albany Tamil Sangam Is a community organization founded in 2014 by Tamils living in Albany, the capital district of New York State. Once a small community when It began has grown and today the association has about 200 families as its members and growing.
- The primary objective of the organization is to provide a unified forum for Tamils in the capital district and promote Tamil culture: ‘Tamil culture is unique in many respects and NYATS will strive to uphold and promote the rich Tamil culture by every possible way. NYATS conducts four major events and a summer picnic every year. The major events include:. Thoranam (Event to celebrate Tamilar Thirunaal, Pongal festival)
· Vasantham (Event to celebrate Tamil New Year)
· Sigaram (Event to celebrate Women’s day)
· Sangamam (Event to celebrate three major religious festivals Bakrid, Diwali and Christmas)
· Summer Picnic
- Other objectives include charity and educations. NYATS organizes fund raising events time to time to support charity activities both in Tamil Nadu and in Capital district.
- NYATS also volunteers in local charity events such as Hindu Temple society brunch activities from time to time.
- NYATS also promotes Tamil education through its affiliated Tamil school, Albany Tamil Paadasaalai which has more than 100 students and still growing by every year.
Click here to download our By Law