Dear NYATS members,
Thank you for attending our annual Thoranam 2020 “தமிழர் திருநாள் கொண்டாட்டம்” held on 25th January @ HCC Albany, NY. We hope you enjoyed all the programs and the delicious food. Our sincere thanks to all leads and volunteers (50+) who contributed towards hall decorations, stage decorations, cultural team, membership drive team, grocery purchase, vegetable cutting, cooking, food serving, marketing, media, cleanup and back-end operations etc. We thank each one of you from the bottom of our hearts for attending and being a part of this amazing celebration. Without your unflinching support and cooperation, our New York Albany Tamil Sangam can never stage events of such a large-scale year after year. We are always looking for opportunities to improve the way we conduct the events, hence we request you to please take time and share your feedback about the Thoranam event using the feedback button at the bottom of this email.
To renew/signup your NYATS membership for 2020 please click here https://www.nyalbanytamilsangam.com/membership/
We thank all of our Business Sponsors and Individual sponsors for being generous in extending your monetary support to NYATS. Our sincere Thanks to new and existing NYATS members for registering and renewing your memberships. You are what makes up the NYATS community and we are happy to have you on board! If any of you is interested in extending monetary support to our sangam, please do so by clicking the below donation link. Thanks to all the individual donors.
To donate for NYATS please click here
We thank our sponsor Leyo Studio’s Navin for taking wonderful pictures of the event. Photo link is at the bottom of this email.
As with life, there are always areas of improvements in anything we do. Below are some of the points to consider / Remember for future events.
- Lots of trash left behind in the HCC Hall/Class rooms/Dining room. A good nonprofit organization is one that minimizes the overheads and provides maximum value to its stakeholders. We as a sangam always think about utilizing our funds in the best way possible with fewer overheads. Even the food menu for all our events is discussed and debated extensively to select items in such a way they provide maximum value with minimum wastage and at a lesser cost. We always look for avenues to reduces our expenses and improve our efficiency. One such avenue is the overhead cost involved in the post event cleanup. If we as members of this community can act more responsibly, the amount of money that we spend towards this major post event cleanup can very easily be reduced. We kindly request all our members to place the trash in trash cans and make sure the place is left tidy and clean.
- RSVP to Evite: We always send evites to all our members through email. This is done to make sure that we get an estimate of number of guests that we expect for an event. This helps our purchasing team and cooking team during food preparations. For Thoranam 2020, the total RSVP count was 205. But we were pleasantly surprised to see 450+ guests turning up for the event (similar to Vasantham 2019 event). In order to prepare ourselves better for future events, we kindly request all our guests to RSVP for the evites. It saves a lot of time for our teams and directly improves the experience for the guests as well.
We look forward to your continued support and encouragement for NYATS.
Finally, please share your feedback about the Thoranam event using the below feedback button. We sincerely appreciate your valuable feedback. We take them very seriously and act upon it!!
Dear NYATS members,
Registration for Thoranam 2020 is open now. Please find below the registration guidelines for our much awaited upcoming Thamizhar Thirunaal event Thoranam 2020 on Saturday, 25th January, 2020
THORANAM Cultural Event Date & Location:
Date: Saturday, 25th January, 2020
Time: 3:00 PM
Location: Hindu Cultural Center, 450 Albany Shaker Rd, Albany, NY
Dinner: 7:30 PM
Please note the key dates/timelines prior to the event:
Last Date for Registration: Sunday ,29th December 2019
Last Date for Recorded Audio submission: Sunday, 12th Jan 2020
Rehearsal Schedule: Monday 20th Jan 2020, 6:00 PM @HCC
Thoranam 2020 Cultural Program Registration/Guidelines:
Thoranam (Pongal Vizha is a platform to show & teach our future generation, Our “Tamil Values, Culture & Tradition”)
- All performances must be in Tamil.
- Only one performance will be allowed per participant.
- Minimum of 4 participants required for all performances except singing.
- Solo singing performances will be conducted in between programs, hence they may not get the full stage.
- All performances should be less than 6 minutes.
- Entries will be honored in the order they are received.
- Pongal/Tamil culture centric programs and programs showcasing Tamil culture [Kolattam, Maiyilattam, Karakattam, Silambattam, etc…] will be given priority.
- Participation in rehearsal is mandatory. Rehearsal tentatively scheduled on Monday, 20th Jan 2020, 6:00 PM @HCC
- Limited to max 20 programs (50% dance, 10% singing and 40% rest all variety programs). Cultural committee reserves the right to increase or decrease the number as per the situation.
- Costumes should be appropriate
- NYATS Cultural Committee reserves the right to make the final decision.
- Tamil Sangam members can participate in 2020 Thoranam cultural programs for free. To become a member, please visit, https://www.nyalbanytamilsangam.com/membership/
- All participants must be registered as a member of “NYATS for the year 2020” on or before the day of the rehearsal.
- In case if you want to participate as non-NYATS member and pay just for this event only then please select “Thoranam Event only participation” option in the member registration. We are currently working on this option and it will be available in Member registration form by 20th Dec 2019.
- Last date for Program and Participation registration is Sunday, December 29th, 2019.
- Choreographers/Lead and Participants are required to register their entry using the form by pressing the below button.
- All entries, soundtrack/songs must be sent in mp3 format. Last date to submit the soundtrack/songs is Sunday, 12th Jan 2020.
For any other information or request, you can reach out to the cultural team at firstname.lastname@example.org.